- 2 lean beef sirloin, rib-eye, rump, or fillet steaks
- 15-30ml(1-2tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 60ml (4tbsp) aged balsamic vinegar
- 50g (2 oz) butter, cubed
- Fresh chives, to garnish, optional.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Season the steaks and cook according to preference.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and keep warm.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and whisk in the butter, a little at a time until the sauce is smooth and glossy.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate, garnish with chives, if used, and serve with the sauce, new or rosti potatoes and seasonal vegetables.