- 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine vinegar or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 500g of Hereford Beef frying steak
- 6 tablespoons of your favourite cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 large white onion
- 3 peppers (mixed colours) sliced
- 2 bok choy stalks (leaves separated, cut diagonally)
- Serve a side of hot egg noodles
- Marinade the strips of Hereford Beef frying steak in soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese rice wine vinegar and sugar, adding the marinade to your pan too.
- Heat your wok to a high temperature along with a dash of your favourite cooking oil, adding the strips of Hereford Beef frying steak, along with chopped garlic and ginger. Flash fry in the pan for about 10 minutes and once your beef is cooked to your liking, leave to rest on some kitchen paper.
- After this has softened, add chopped bok choy, onion and peppers to your pan. Tossing the vegetables until they are cooked but still firm.
- Add your beef back to the pan and mix through before adding to a bed of boiled egg noodles.