- 500g of diced Hereford Beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 litre of beef stock if you have or 1 litre of beef stock made with 2 stock cubes
- 1kg of floury potatoes
- 1kg of carrots
- 1kg of parsnips
- 5-6 shallots
- A handful of parsley
- Ground salt and pepper to season
- Chop your potatoes, shallots, carrots and parsnips into chunky bite-sized pieces (don’t go too small for the best consistency).
- Season your diced Hereford Beef with salt and pepper before sealing on a hot frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Allow your beef to rest on some kitchen paper for at least 5 minutes before adding to your slow cooker.
- Turn your slow cooker on to its highest setting, adding the potatoes, shallots, carrots and parsnips, followed by a litre of beef stock and rested diced beef.
- Keep your slow cooker on its highest heat for at least 1 hour before turning to the medium heat for a further 3-4 hours. If you want to thicken your gravy sauce, add a sprinkling of gravy granules.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency, serve in bowls for a hearty meal seasoned with salt, pepper and chopped parsley.