- 4 lean sirloin, rump or rib-eye Hereford Beef steaks
- 90ml (6tbsps) light soy sauce
- 60ml (4tbsps) plum jam
- Zest and juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 45ml (3tbsps) freshly chopped coriander
- 5cm (2inch) piece fresh root ginger, peeled & finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a large shallow bowl. Add the steaks, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, or overnight if time allows.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and reserve the marinade mixture. Cook the steaks according to preference on a preheated grill or barbecue, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Serve the steaks with a colourful couscous salad.