- 450g (1lb) lean beef sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cut into 2.5cm (l inch) cubes
- 30ml (2tbsps) coconut milk
- 5ml (1tsp) light soft brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large handful freshly chopped coriander
- Extra coriander leaves and finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
- Prepare the marinade ingredients in a large shallow bowl.
- Thread equal amounts of the beef cubes onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers, place into the marinade and coat the beef cubes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cook the steaks according to preference on a preheated grill or barbecue, turning once.
- Serve the satays scattered with extra coriander leaves and chopped red chilli.
- Serve the satays with crusty bread and a spinach and tomato salad with elderflower dressing