A steak dish to share with the one you love. Lean fillet steaks are cooked and served with a speedy anchovy and rosemary butter sauce and cooked tagliatelle is tossed in the sauce too.
Based on a 2-3cm/¾-1¼inch thick steak
- Rare 3-4 minutes on each side
- Medium 4-5 minutes on each side
- Well Done 6-7 minutes on each side
- 2 lean fillet steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp oil
- For the Anchovy and Rosemary Butter Sauce:
- 75g/3oz unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 5ml/1tsp good quality balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 200g/7oz cooked tagliatelle, to serve
- For the butter sauce:
- Heat a small non-stick pan and add the butter, shallot, anchovies and rosemary. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the shallots are cooked and lightly golden.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the balsamic vinegar or red wine.
- For the steaks:
- Heat a large non-stick griddle pan; meanwhile place the steaks on a large plate or chopping board, season and coat with the oil on both sides.
- Cook the steaks according to your preference.
- Transfer the steaks to a warm plate and drizzle over a little of the sauce.
- Toss the cooked tagliatelle in any remaining sauce from the pan and serve with the steak and seasonal vegetables.