Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tbsp oil
- 400g Hereford beef fillet
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100g Chestnut/Portobello mushrooms
- 3tbsp brandy
- 1tbsp flour
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 150ml beef stock
- 2tsp mustard
- 150ml sour cream or crème fraiche
- Flat leaf parsley to decorate
- Rub the 1tbsp of oil and paprika into the beef slices and leave for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan and then brown off the beef very quickly.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan, add the butter and add the shallot and chestnut mushrooms and allow to soften.
- Flambé with the brandy until evaporated.
- Add the flour and tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and reduce down until syrupy.
- Return the meat to the pan.
- Add the sour cream, pour into a dish and sprinkle with flat leaf parsley.