We recently shared 5 tips for the perfect Hereford beef burger from The Beefy Boys (click the link if you missed it). Today we thought we’d share 5 more tips focusing on sides so you can impress with each and every barbecue you have this summer.
- Sweet potato salad. Sweet potatoes have loads of health benefits, they’re a great source of vitamin A, D, C, B6 and B1. This is a great healthy alternative to the mayonnaise loaded potato salad and it’s really easy to prepare. You need 1.2kg of sweet potatoes chopped up into large chunks along with shallots, spring onions, chives, olive oil, honey and sherry vinegar doe the dressing. Find the method here on the BBC Good Food website.
- Cola Barbecue Sauce. This is the perfect sauce that can be slathered over steaks before or after cooking or used as a simple dipping sauce as an alternative to tomato ketchup. You need some ketchup, cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic flakes, onion sauce, black pepper and liquid smoke. Find the method and full list of ingredients on the Food Network, here.
- Grilled Corn with Basil Butter. Kids and grownups love corn and this recipe is ideal for the barbecue. It’s a very simple recipe that calls for ears of corn, olive oil and salt along with basil, sea salt and unsalted butter. The recipe and method can be found here.
- Superfood Salad. Sweet potatoes are used once again in this recipe by Jamie Oliver. The salad is packed full of delicious foods including pomegranate, broccoli, mixed nuts and avocado. You’ll probably need to copy this list of ingredients and head out to the shops before preparing this salad; you’ll find everything you need to know by clicking here.
- Macaroni Cheese. Mac & Cheese is commonly enjoyed as a side dish in the States but not so much over here in the UK. We’ve found a delicious macaroni cheese recipe over on the BBC Good Food website if you like the idea of serving it up as a side at your BBQ.
Here’s to lots of sunny BBQ weather this summer!