Ignore the current weather conditions, summer is just around the corner, it’s coming! We’re already excited about barbecue season and have the BBQ cleaned and ready for many outdoor gatherings with friends, family and plenty of good food. If you love barbecue season as much as we do, you might want to add this recipe for a simply, but delicious barbecue sauce to slather over your Hereford beef burgers, ribs and everything else you serve.
The recipe doesn’t require any cookery expertise. It’s very quick and easy to create and the ideal recipe to let the children lose with. Here’s a list of ingredients you’re going to need.
- Worcestershire Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Tomato ketchup – 120 grams
- Garlic clove – very finely chopped
- Dark soft brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Cider Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Tabasco sauce – Just a splash
- A generous pinch of mustard powder
- A pinch of salt
If you want some extra flavour, add one teaspoon of coriander and cumin and some additional hot pepper sauce to taste.
Preparation time takes around 10 minutes and it takes 10 minutes to cook. You can make the sauce in advance or leave it to the last minute!
- Mix the tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tabasco, garlic, mustard powder, salt and cider vinegar in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool before use.
It’s easy and delicious. Let us know on Facebook if you give this recipe a go.