Today we’re sharing five excellent reasons why beef is beneficial to humans and how you can benefit by keeping it in your diet. The following benefits are to be gained particularly from grass-fed cattle, such as Hereford Beef.
- It’s important to have a healthy, balanced diet that includes meat. Meat works to keep you energised and provides essential vitamins, minerals and protein in your diet.
- Let’s talk more about the benefits of protein. Protein has a high biological value and beef is an excellent natural source. It’s needed to help build and strength bone, blood, cartilage as well as muscles. Protein works to repair damage to tissues too.
- Protein helps to keep you fuller for longer so meat is a great addition to anyone working to keep the weight off, or lose weight. Choose lean cuts of meat and gain greater energy and feel fuller without relying heavily on carbohydrates or fat.
- Beef is an excellent source of vitamins, including vitamin D, which helps to prevent osteoporosis. There are other vitamins too including niacin, B1, B2, B6 and B12. It’s also a good source of iron. Hereford beef is also a source of omega 3 fatty acids, which studies have shown can help to reduce the risk of obesity, diabetes and some cancers. Find out more about these benefits of eating beef, here.
- Meat is rich in minerals including zinc and selenium. These minerals contribute to your varied diet and make it a valuable resource that keeps you fuller for longer and tastes delicious.
Share your favourite Hereford beef recipes with us by uploading your photos to our Facebook page or tagging @HerefordBeefUK in your Tweets and Instagram posts.