Protein is used in most parts of the body, from your muscles to your skin. It’s required to make the enzymes your body need to power the many chemical reactions that take place along with ensuring your blood has the required haemoglobin that delivers the oxygen in your blood. Protein is great stuff and Hereford Beef can be used as part of a balanced diet to ensure you’re getting enough.
Many people fail to get the amount of protein they need in their diets. This can lead to all sorts of problems, some of which can be life threatening. The good news is there are plenty of foods you can eat to give you the boost you need such as fruits and vegetables, beans, whole grains, dairy products and meat. Hereford Beef is packed full of amino acids that build the protein so you know you’re getting a healthy dose when you have Hereford Beef on your plate.
Here are a few more health benefits that come with eating Hereford Beef:
- Protein helps to build lean tissue and muscle mass
- Protein fills you up, helping you to avoid snacking between meals
- It will aid weight loss when eaten as part of a healthy calorie controlled diet
- You’ll experience improved muscle development and strength when adding protein to your diet combined with strength training.
- It helps to reduce the risks of osteoporosis and increases bone density.
- Protein helps you to get a better sleep.
- Protein can be used to reduce blood pressure.
- Protein is a brain food.