What glorious weather we’ve been having this week. It’s certainly been welcomed after the arctic chill that but a damper on the Bank Holiday weekend. The sunshine has made us look forward to the summer and when we think of summer we always think of the many wonderful agricultural shows that take place all over the country. One of which is the Royal Three Counties Show, which takes place at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern, June 17-19, 2016.
The Royal Three Counties show has something for all ages and it makes a fun day out for all the family. You can enjoy looking at the award-winning
livestock, including Hereford Cattle. There are beautiful floral, fruit and vegetable displays (check out the giant vegetables, they’re huge!). The main arena is packed full of action and entertainment, such as:
- The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery
- Show jumping
- Paws for Thought Dog Agility
- The Freefall Parachute Regiment Team – The Red Devils
The show plays hosts to some of the finest food and drink producers in the three counties. Try their produce in the Food and Drink Hall and don’t forget to try a Hereford Beef Burger from the Hereford Cattle Society stand too! The Real Ale Festival has a great range of local brews on tap, but you’ll also find wines, ciders, juices and perries from the region.
A new feature to the show is the Smallholder and Alternative Livestock Enterprise Village. Here you’ll find information and see new skills and ideas in a friendly environment. You can expect:
- Competition classes for honey, mead and wax products where you can sample different honey and see bees flying around in controlled conditions. It’s the place to be if you want to learn about beekeeping too.
- Learn how to keep rabbits and see some of the breeds on display
- Alpaca breeders will be competition and showing how they use Alpacas to make income from the sale of yarn, fleece and handmade products.
Buy your tickets for the Royal Three Counties Show to avoid disappointment on the day.