Have you failed to master the perfect Yorkshire pudding to go with your delicious Hereford Beef? It’s a common problem but one that you can get around with practice and these brilliant tips.
- Prepare your Yorkshire pudding mix the day before; it will keep well in the fridge overnight. Take them out of the fridge a few hours the following day before you begin cooking.
- Get the oil really hot before you add the batter. Don’t use olive oil on this occasion as it won’t reach the desired heat, stick to vegetable or sunflower oil instead.
- Pour the batter into the hot oil very carefully. A jug is best.
- Put the Yorkshire puddings in the middle or bottom shelf of the oven.
- Don’t open the oven door too early or you’ll end up with puddings that are very flat. Wait until they have a gorgeous golden brown colour.
- Add an extra egg white to help give your Yorkshire puddings height.
- If you like your Yorkshire puddings to have a kick add some mustard in with the mix.
Come and share your perfect Yorkshire pudding tips on the Hereford Beef Facebook wall.