We’ve talked about the health benefits of Hereford Beef in the past. Today we thought we’d talk a little about ginger, which works perfectly with Asian inspired beef dishes, such as a simple beef and ginger stir fry.
Ginger has loads of health benefits, ideal if you’re keen on serving your family healthy dishes.
- Ginger has medicinal properties; it’s full of antioxidants and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger is a great addition to protein rich Hereford beef for those who enjoy working out and building muscle as it can help to reduce muscle pain and aches and pains that can follow hard workouts.
- Some studies have shown that ginger helps to reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Another recent study suggested that ginger could be used to reduce blood sugar levels thanks to the potential anti-diabetic properties. It can also help to reduce the risk of heart disease in people with type 2 diabetes.
- It’s an excellent addition to recipes for those who suffer with indigestion and general stomach pain and discomfort.
- Ginger has been traditionally used to fight off period pain and has shown to be as effective as ibuprofen.
- Evidence suggests ginger lowers cholesterol in animals and humans.
- Ginger can help you to fight off colds and flus through healthy sweating.
These are just a few of the benefits that can be gained from eating garlic, so why not try adding this tasty spice to more of your dishes? Here’s a simple one to get you started.
Beef and Ginger Stir Fry – Shopping List
500g Hereford beef rump, ask your butcher to slice it into thin strips to save you a job when you get home.
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
1 Red Chilli
1 Chopped Garlic Clove
4cm Chunk of ginger – cut into small matchstick sized slices
1 Stick of lemongrass, sliced.
2 tbsp. sunflower oil
100g Sugar snap peas, sliced into strips
6 Spring onions, sliced
8 Sliced baby corn
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
300g rice noodles, ready cooked.
Click here for the method.